A1. Therm-Aire is a proprietary and patent-pending hybrid air conditioning technology harnessing prevalent thermal heat to lighten the load on the electrical compressor and reduce energy consumption.
- Q1. What is Therm-Aire?
- Q2. Does it only harness only Solar?
A2. The 3 sources of heat are : solar, ambient and rejected ( from the condensor ). As far as ambient heat is concerned, as long as the temperature is 20C and above.
- Q3. Does Therm-Aire use solar PV?
A3. No. Therm-Aire is dependent on heat and ( grid ) electricity.
Not constraint to rooftop footprint, versatilitilty in terms if installation, ease of installation due to compact solar collector
- Q4. How different is Therm-Aire from other brands in the market?
A4. Bascially, Therm-Aire has similar basic AC equipment of an indoor / fan coil unit and an outdoor / condensing unit.
The difference is the use of our proprietary heat collector, which acccounts for much improved energy efficiency of the system.
- Q5. What is the heat collector that Therm-Aire uses?
A5. The heat collector that Therm-Aire is a double glass vacuum tube unit with a heat storage tank.
- Q6. How does the heat collector work?
A6. The heat collector has a copper pipe that carries the refrigerant.
A heat absorbent fluid fills the heat collector.
The fluid holds the collected heat up to 36 hours subject to the amount of heat absorbed.
Heat from this fluid is transferred to the refrigerant thus pre-heating the refrigerant before it enters the compressor.
- Q7. How does the proprietary heat collector helps Therm-Aire saves power and improve energy efficiency?
A7. The heat collector saves power by pre-heating the refrigerant before it enters the compressor, reducing the work load of the compressor.
- Q8. How much power does the compressor uses?
A8. Typically, the compressor uses up to 95% of the total power of the entire AC system. The indoor / fan coil units use up the remaining 5%.
- Q9. Are there any other advantages / benefits of the Therm-Aire technology?
A9. Yes, there are several, namely : extended life span of the compressor, UN recognised green refrigerant, lower carbon footprint and smaller physical footprint compared to solar PV systems.
- Q10. What is the maintenance requirements?
A10. The indoor and outdoor units requires the same frequency of maintenance as other ACs in the market subject to usage and location.
- Q11. What about the heat collector?
A11. The heat collector does require any maintenance.
As it is not dependent on light, dust and dirt does not affect the performance of the heat collector.
- Q12. How much power savings can we expect?
A12. On average, we can expect 30% savings over inverter AC systems.
- Q13. What about the cost?
A13. Based on a apple to apple basis, Therm-Aire is generally 20% more costly
- Q14. So what is the financial case for purchasing Therm-Aire?
A14. Again based on an apple to apple basis, the price differential can be recovered within 2 years.
The savings achieved by Therm Aire over the life span of the system will result in Therm- Aire actual cost to be only a fraction of other AC .
- Q15. What sectors can I use Therm-Aire?
A15. Ecoline Solar has AC units for residential, commercial and industrial sectors.
- Q16. Can you give examples ?
A16. For the residential sector, Ecoline Solar has installed ACs for HDB flats, condominiums and landed properties.
For the commercial sector, we have installed Therm-Aire in hotels, hospitals and offices.
In the industrial, we have installed Therm-Aire in warehouses, data centres etc.
- Q18. What types of ACs does Therm-Are has?
A18. Therm-Aire has the entire range of DX ( direct exchange ) of ACs ., including WM, CC, CF, Floor Standing, Ducted , Multi Split and Vrf systems.
- Q17. Going back to the energy performance of Therm-Aire compared to other brands, what can we expect?
A17. NEA uses COP ( coefficient of performance ) as unit of measure for energy performance.
Therm-Aire ACs has a general COP of more than 5r